Saturday, November 11, 2006

Turn around...

Things in the fundraising world are back on track. I had two services this past week and ended up with $1,050. That's a good chunk of change! So now I have $735 of my $2,077 in monthly pledges raised and $3,175 of the $7,519 for my cash budget. Yeah!
I have several pledges unaccounted for, people have told me they would pledge on a monthly basis but I don't know how much they were planning on.
I did do one major fundraising faux pas at the church I was at Sunday morning, I had no pledge forms on me. I've given them all away and forgot to print more, I had a few people ask me for them and I had to tell them to email me. Don't know what my chances are of them contacting me, it's easy to forget when something is out of sight. My mistake, it will never happen again.
On Wednesday I did a short devotional along with my 3 minute presentation and was blinded by the stage lights. It was at my friends church and they are working on fixing the problem, they can't adjust the brightness currently.

I also got to go to the Indianapolis Zoo with my friends and their kids and a couple of missionaries who do Chi Alpha and are the son and daughter-in-law of my pastor. It's a small, small world. But the zoo was fun and the kids were all little, 3 and under (4 of them total) so when they got excited there was no volume control. I love being around little kids when they're excited because they don't care if everyone else knows it or not, they are just excited!

Anyway it was a very good week and hopefully I can keep up the momentum, but everything in God's time.

No comments: