Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I laughed.

What I've been waiting for since August finally happened today: a pastor at a church I contacted about potentially supporting me for Vienna told me that he didn't think the church would because I wasn't an actual missionary and if they pledged to me they would be taking money away from an actual missionary. It made me laugh.

I was in such a state a month ago that if he had told me that I would have cried, today I'm able to laugh because I'm completely unafraid. Whether he sees me as worthy of the churches money is his business but I am more than worthy of my call in God's eyes and that's all I care about. I know the money will come eventually and I'm a good person, people like me and I'm doing what I'm supposed to do by going to Vienna. It will take me a little longer to get there if pastors keep taking that line of thinking, but if I have to sell 10,000 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts to get to Vienna I'll get there eventually.


I will be contacting the other 140 churches in my district thanks to a former pastor giving me his permission to use him as my reference. He's been in the district over 20 years and has met about every pastor there is. It's a lot more work and a lot more of my time to send out another batch of letters and make all those calls but I'm up to it. Hopefully the churches I call are ready for me!

No comments: